Paula Reads

Everyone always asks me what I am reading right now! This blog is an attempt to answer that question.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two Books by Mark Hyman, MD

I read an article by Mark Hyman MD (what a name!) about health, eating, and wellness. It rang so true to me. I reserved the books from the library and read them as they have come in. Ultraprevention was very motivating and explained and confirmed a lot of what I believe about the cycle of eating and health. Ultrametabolism is a great book to start trying to make changes to your diet and your health. I heartily recommend both. Ultramind is next ...

Side note:
My best friend has a myriad of health issues. While reading this book, I kept thinking of her and sending her emails and texts about what I was reading. She asked for the books and read them super Fast! as she had a meeting with her doctor a few days away and wanted more information. She took her questions and queries into the doctor's office. There, she discovered that her doctor had trained with Dr. Hyman and was committed to his plans for wellness. They were able to have a positive validating conversation about wellness and health issues as never before. It gave us both chills. Connection is so important.

Thanks to all my friends who connect with me daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home