Paula Reads

Everyone always asks me what I am reading right now! This blog is an attempt to answer that question.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Celebration!!!

After meeting with my friend, Karen, I decided to reread Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth before reading the 2nd installment. I read the original book 20 years ago and you can realize I remembered nothing except enjoying it. I got the book on cd and we ripped it (don't tell). It was 32 cds which should have made me faint, but I started to listen and listen and listen. Six weeks ago, I got the book from the library to try and read some of it. Last night I finished! Yahoo. It took about 8 weeks to listen / read it. Woah!! That was a long time! The story was good - involved and fun, but the writing didn't hold up to me as an adult reader so I was a little sad. My tastes have changed and I'm a better reader and require a little more. I am still going to read the 2nd one, but I am taking a LONG break from any cathedral building. Still I was happy to read it again - or really for the first time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home