Paula Reads

Everyone always asks me what I am reading right now! This blog is an attempt to answer that question.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Being Mrs. Alcott by Nancy Geary


I really enjoyed the pace of this introspective book. I expected the book to follow a traditonal pattern of searching for meaning, finding little, ditching life as you know it, and moving forward. I was pleasantly surprised when Grace Alcott looks at her life as it really is - ups and downs. As I was reading it, the message felt so real. Her marriage was as all marriages are, complicated. Her children were not perfect despite ... It was interesting and thoughtful.

Blurb: This is the story of Grace, a fifty-eight-year-old woman, who was born into an emotionally reserved, upper class, New England family, married a man of similar background, and has raised her own family in much the same way. Changed financial circumstances and a potentially dire medical diagnosis force her to come to terms with her life, her losses, and her relationship with her two grown sons. Ultimately I hope it is read as a novel about the struggle between hopes for change and acceptance of reality, and the roles of choice and fate in shaping life's direction. (written by author)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home