Paula Reads

Everyone always asks me what I am reading right now! This blog is an attempt to answer that question.

Saturday, September 06, 2008

A sensational Listen


In the I Feel Bad about my Neck, Ephron points to an 1859 novel, The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins as her favorite. After doing a little research, I chose to buy the Penquin Audiobook. The novel was serialized in magazine form as was common in that day, and it is considered to be one of the master example of this time period.

Told by different narrators - and with brilliant audio performance - the book is a treasure from start to finish. I LOVED it. The suspense was modern and interesting. The plot when revealed was realistic. The characters diverse. It is Victorian!

Go - read it - or listen to it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home